Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I've used and would personally endorse.
I don’t really know of anyone who says “I think I’d like to pay more for flights when I travel internationally!”
Seems like everyone these days is looking for cheaper ways to get to their destination – especially when flying overseas. In some cases, cheap flights means that a dream destination is easily within your budget and your reach.
But what’s a traveler to do? Well…I’ve found the perfect solution. Dollar Flight Club is the easiest and best way I’ve found to get notifications on cheap flights to destinations I really care about! With its easy-to-use website and mobile app, you can find deals from airports near your home to nearly any destination in the world.
How Dollar Flight Club Works
Head to DollarFlightClub.com and just enter your email address to subscribe. After entering your email address, you’ll be prompted to select your Departure Region. The service will then automatically scan for flights originating in your Departure Region and notify you via email.
After that, you can select a Dream Destination…that city or spot that you’ve always wanted to visit. It will then focus in on flights to or near that area.
At the end of the signup, you’ll be offered the choice to try their Premium Membership. I highly recommend jumping on the Premium subscription – at around $40 per year (billed annually), the service is well worth it.
After you complete your signup, you’ll get periodic emails notifying you of great flight deals to destinations that interest you. The email will contain information on dates to travel in order to get the best fares, along with a standard fare – the amount you could expect to pay booking through an airline website.
If you’re using the mobile app, you can also get notifications from the app or via SMS/text messaging.
If you are interested in the deal, just click the “SHOW ME THE DEAL” button in the email. This will take you to a page on the site with all the details on how to get the flight and more about the destination. If you decide to book the flight, you’ll be linked to a third-party site like Momondo or Skyscanner to complete the transaction.
Dollar Flight Club reports that their members save, on average, around $500 per flight. Can you even imagine? That’s not per year…that’s savings per flight!!!
Just think – you get all these great benefits for free! But Premium Membership is really where you see the biggest benefits…and I’ll explain why it’s such a killer deal.
What’s so great about Premium Membership with Dollar Flight Club?
For around $40/year, the Dollar Flight Club Premium Membership is an absolute no-brainer. Consider the benefits it provides:
- More Deals!: Premium Members get many more updates and alerts on cheap flights. I find on average I get 2-3 alerts a day. Before I got my Premium Membership I was only getting a notification every couple days. More notifications…more opportunities to go somewhere cool.
- Pick Your Favorite Airports: While Free Membership allows you to select a departure region, Premium Membership allows you to select specific departure airports. Finding a super-cheap flight out of JFK or LGA in New York would still be a win for me…it’s quick and easy to get there from Chicago. More airports means more potential deals for me.
- More Departure Airports: Free Membership limits you to flights that originate in North America only. But Premium members can receive deals originating in nearly any airport in the world.
- More Favorite Destinations: Free Membership allows me to specify one Dream Destination, but Premium Membership allows me to select a virtually unlimited number of favorite destinations. The more I select, the more chances I get of finding a cheap flight to someplace I’ve always wanted to go!
- Favorite Airlines: With Premium Membership I can pick one or more “favorite airlines” – the ones I prefer flying the most, either because of amenities, frequent flyer programs, or for other reasons. Free Membership does not entitle you to select an airline.
- Premium Perks: If you’re on the annual plan for your Premium Membership, you receive discounts from Dollar Flight Club’s Premium Partners. Their Partners list is always getting updated and includes sites that sell travel-related products, organized tours and trips, etc.
Try Before You Buy!
Investing $40 to save an average of $500 per flight sounds too good to be true, right? Well…if you want to test it out before signing up, you can do that too. Dollar Flight Club offers you a few options:
- You can try out the free membership. It’s free forever and gives you a good taste of what you’ll get with the full subscription. Keep in mind the features are limited, but at least you get to see how it works.
- There’s a month-to-month option priced at $9/month. You can always try out the full subscription for a month or two just to see how you like the full program.
- With the annual program, you can also sign up for a 7-day free trial before billing starts.
Well…What Are You Waiting For?
If you love travel – especially international travel – and want to go more places for less money, then you should sign up for Dollar Flight Club right away! You won’t be disappointed.
Booking just a single flight through Dollar Flight Club will save your membership fee many times over!